Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Knee Update

So my knee has been killing me. Last week I finally had to call Dave, my physical therapist, because my knee was hurting so bad. Not only did I have to stop running, I was having trouble doing normal things, including just walking in my day-to-day life. Over the weekend I was in a wedding (look for another post on that!) and I finally heard back from Dave Monday.

Dave said he thinks I am getting tendinitis in my knee and having a problem with a sliding knee cap. That sounds about right. I've never had great knees. He said I needed to ice it and rest it. He reiterated to BACK OFF it, or it will NOT get better. I got it, loud and clear. He said no running while it's like this. He was not too happy about the elliptical either. He suggested biking and said that this would be best because I'm having this problem because my quad muscles are still too weak.

So I am following Dave's advice: backing off things like running and anything that generally hurts, icing and resting, and moving to biking, etc. to strengthen my quads, and really stretching my legs out. Man my legs are tight!!

Bahahaha! This cracked me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment