Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pilgrim Cupcakes

For my high school swimmers' recent pasta dinner I made some fun Thanksgiving themed desserts! Here are the pilgrim hat cupcakes I made, inspired, of course, by Pinterest! 

I made regular cupcakes from a box and used store bought icing (I know! Can you believe it??) and then had fun with the tops! Once again, I'm here to tell you making things from a box is ok! Sometimes, that's all you have time for and all that is necessary - they're still delicious! Any ways... I used vanilla cupcakes with chocolate icing and Funfetti cupcakes with yellow (vanilla flavored dyed yellow) icing. 

You need:
cake mix and ingredients to make it
can of icing
yellow icing for hat buckles
Keebler "Fudge Stripes" cookies
Reese's miniature peanut butter cups (I got a family sized bag to have enough for 4 dozen cupcakes!)

The yellow-iced cupcakes got "real" pilgrim hats - Keebler "Fudge Stripes" cookies upside-down with a Reese's peanut butter cup upside-down attached by a dab of icing! Then I used yellow icing to pipe on buckles!

Pilgrim hat cupcakes!
On the chocolate-iced cupcakes, the above cookie concoction looked silly. So I left out the cookie, and just added an upside-down peanut butter cup. 
Cute and delicious! 
For both, I used a yellow icing tube to pipe on the buckle! 

That's it! Really easy, really cute! 

Happy Thanksgiving! 


No comments:

Post a Comment