Thursday, November 22, 2012

This Week's Ankle News

So this week because of the holiday I could only make it to PT once. I went bright and early yesterday morning to see Dave. My ankle is feeling a lot better after being mysteriously "compressed" on the outer side of my ankle/foot. I would say it's not at 100% like it was when I first started doing all of the crazy exercises, but much, much better than when it got compressed. So yesterday I got to walk in all four directions on the treadmill again. I didn't do any other exercises or jumps, but the treadmill felt ok. I did my stretches and had some manipulation done to my foot before icing and being hooked up to the stim machine again. As the day went on I was on my feet a lot. My foot was definitely swollen, but not more than usual. I think it's getting better!

Today I went to the gym with my sister to try going to Zumba. Dave said I could try it but that it might hurt to go side to side, which has been the biggest problem after this injury. Our biggest worry was that I would not be able to do a whole one hour class yet because I have not built my endurance back up. I decided to try the class today. And guess what? I did it!! There were definitely some moves that were hard for my ankle, and I can tell my right side is still weaker. But I was able to do almost everything in the class, and made it through a whole one hour class!! I can't even tell you how happy I am about this!!

Next week I have two more PT appointments. And this should FINALLY really be the end of physical therapy. But every time I think that, something happens... So keep your fingers crossed!!

I totally look like this girl on the left when I Zumba - I'm that good! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment