Saturday, March 16, 2013

Final(?) Surgeon Appointment

Oops! I never actually posted this post:

On January 23rd I had my final post-op appointment with the ankle surgeon. Overall he was pretty pleased with my progress and happy to hear that I can run and work out and everything again.

My appointment was at 10:15am, but at noon I was still just waiting in my room. Apparently they only had one x-ray tech for three doctors. I need an x-ray taken before the doctor will see me. So there I sat, for over an hour. I finally had to go out and say something to the nurses, and I finally was taken back for my x-ray. Luckily I didn't have anything else planned that day. But what if I had to go back to work? SO inconsiderate of people's time. I have never had such a bad experience there. But I digress...

When Dr. Buchanan was FINALLY able to review my x-ray, he came into see me. He said the x-ray looked great and he was pleased with the way my bone work is healing. I told him how I had finished physical therapy and was discharged after being able to do some working out activities. I reported that I was able to do things like stand on my toes now and had a lot less pain overall - that I'm even able to run on the treadmill! He was impressed. I mentioned that I do still have more swelling than I think I should have, and he agreed. He suggested I get athletic compression socks to help with the swelling. I also mentioned that I feel my knee and hip feel out of alignment, and he gave me a prescription to return to physical therapy to work on this. I am not thrilled about the idea of returning to PT, but if the pain continues, I'll do it. It's always good to have the option to go, and at least it's not after major work this time. Hopefully getting my knee and hip back in alignment will be simple and will alleviate any lingering pain.

So overall a pretty positive visit. And Dr. Buchanan said unless there are any major problems I do not have to go back. We shook hands and parted ways for good, I think...

Officially discharged!!

No comments:

Post a Comment