Saturday, March 16, 2013

Yoga

So a couple weeks ago I went to my first ever yoga class. I loved it! And since then I've been to two more.

I have been talking about going to yoga for years, and for some reason I never actually did it. After my ankle I knew that I was not strong enough to do it because I could barely stand on my right side, much less balance and hold a pose. After finally feeling better and getting stronger after my second surgery I decided it was time to try yoga finally!

I loved it! But it is really hard! I guess I thought it would be mostly stretching or something. And it's even harder than Pilates. But because I have been working out with my trainer I am actually getting stronger, so I was able to hold a lot of the poses. My main problem area to work on is flexibility. I am so tight! But I am hoping this will help stretch out some of my muscles as well.

My other worry is that I was told never to even walk around without shoes on after my surgery, so exercising and standing on my right foot without shoes on is worrisome. I walk around without supportive shoes on at my house all the time and don't have a problem. But actually balancing all of my weight on my right foot, barefoot, is another story. I am hoping this is not adding to my current knee pain. I also noticed my right ankle/foot has been more swollen recently and am worried this is a sign it does not like yoga. For now I have been icing and resting when I can. I hope I'm able to continue!

Amazingly, I can also do this (although don't look quite this good I imagine)! But is it hurting my ankle??

No comments:

Post a Comment