Sunday, July 15, 2012

CT Scan

I got my CT Scan done yesterday! Finally! It was pretty easy too. I had to wait a little bit, but the scan itself only took about 5 minutes. If you were ever curious what a CT scan was like, I'll tell you! It's a machine that looks a lot like the MRI machine (it might even be the same machine. Maybe one of my doctor/nurse friends can tell me). It's like a huge machine that almost goes up to the ceiling and has a hole in the middle of it like a donut for you to go through. For me it's not too bad because only my foot and leg really have to go in. I don't think I'd like being inside a machine more than that. You may know that I have a weird, sort of irrational fear of machinery. It's weird, I know. So these things are not fun for me. I was really nervous beforehand. I don't remember feeling this nervous before the MRI, but it's been over a year since I had that done. I do remember being even more nervous before surgery. I hate that feeling! Any ways, the CT Scan kind of sounds like a really loud washer or dryer. Not nearly as bad as the MRI that also bangs around A LOT and takes a lot longer - I was in the MRI for forever it seemed last year!

Now I just have to wait until July 27th to see my doctor again and see what the CT scan told us.

No comments:

Post a Comment