Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Dessert Pizza

Happy 4th of July!!

I'm getting caught up on updating my blog today with both recipes and ankle news! I've been pretty busy lately and let my blog go for a bit - I'm sorry!! But there have been graduations, and parties, and birthdays, and parties, and retirements, and parties, and trips/vacations, and seeing friends... Just so much going on, especially over the past month or so! So I'm back now and of course will try to be better about updating! I've heard from so many friends (who I am lucky to know all over the country!) that they actually read my blog, which makes me so happy!! Feel free to leave me a comment from time to time if you're visiting my blog! :)

Today I'm bringing you a recipe I made earlier this morning for the 4th of July - my second favorite holiday!! (Come on y'all, if you know me at all you know my devotion to all things Christmas! But I also love summertime, fireworks, and all things patriotic!)

Of course this can be made for any occasion - just change up the fruit and the design of it! This looks like a lot of steps, but it's really so easy to do! Enjoy!

Dessert Pizza dressed up for the 4th of July! My favorite!!
Dessert Pizza (from The Pampered Chef)

1 package (18 oz.) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar assorted fruits (apple, strawberries, banana, kiwi, blueberries, etc.) - they suggest selecting three

1.) Preheat oven to 350.
2.) Remove 1 cup of cookie dough and reserve for another use (I don't do this. I use all the dough! But remember it makes for an even bigger cookie, which means not only bigger, but a longer cooking time too).
3.) Press sugar cookie dough into a 12-inch circle on a 13-inch baking stone using lightly floured hands.
4.) Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
5.) Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
6.) Loosen cookie from stone by sliding knife between cookie and base of stone. Cool completely.
7.) Combine cream cheese and sugar in a bowl.
8.) Spread mixture over cooled crust.
9.) Prepare fruit for topping (peel, slice, etc.).
10.) Arrange fruit on cream cheese mixture.
11.) Chill until ready to serve.
12.) Cut into wedges or squares with pizza cutter and serve.

Sugar cookie dough all rolled out on the baking stone. You could also use a pizza pan I suspect!
After baking almost 15 minutes since I used all the dough!
About to put the cream cheese/sugar mixture on!
Ready for some fruit!
There's nothing like fresh fruit in the summer!!
Is there anything more American than a giant cookie with fruit on it to disguise it as something healthy?? I think not! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment