Wednesday, July 4, 2012

My New Ankle's 1st Trip to NYC

My ankle and I took our first trip together to NYC with my mom's school in the beginning of June to see Newsies on Broadway! While we were there we also saw my friend Brendan! My ankle held up pretty well, especially considering all of the other events to attend that week, but was very swollen and painful as the day went on.

Now is the time to seize the day! Don't be afraid and don't delay!
Tell that to my ankle...
Earlier in the week I attended my mom's last concert (she's retiring after 35 years of teaching!) and my cousin's graduation at Nissan Pavilion (I don't care that it's called Jiffy Lube Live or whatever now. What a stupid name! It will always be Nissan Pavilion to me!). Then bright and early Saturday morning we took the bus up to NYC. Brendan was kind enough to meet me and I got to get away from the middle schoolers and the tourists in the Times Square area for a bit. Of course taking a taxi is the way to go for me in NY, whether or not I've had surgery. :) We did a little bit of walking after lunch, and then my ankle was pretty painful. Resting it while at the show was great, but putting my pain patch and tennis shoes on when back on the bus was the best. It's not an instant fix, but it's so much better!

The biggest lesson from this was about shoes. Yes, I am allowed to wear Birkenstocks. But they are probably a "sometimes" shoe, to be worn occasionally, but not several days in a row. But what's a girl to wear to the theater with a dress?? Birks are definitely better looking than tennis shoes! I know people wear everything to the theater anymore, but I still like to look nice! I guess in the future if there's an event when I will want to wear my Birks to look a little nicer, I'll have to NOT wear them for a few days before. Man I miss the days when I could wear whatever shoes I wanted!!

After getting back from NYC it was time for my cousin's graduation party the next day. I tried to do a lot of sitting that day to rest after such an adventure! June was an insanely busy month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment