Monday, July 9, 2012

I Hate Insurance Companies

I didn't get to have my CT Scan over the weekend thanks to my stupid insurance company.

I got a message late Thursday night (but didn't talk to them until Friday morning) saying that my insurance company had not approved the CT Scan and had requested more information from my doctor. Great. Apparently the radiology place contacted my doctor for more info and then sent it to the insurance company, but they needed at least two business days to review everything.

I don't understand why this happened (other than the fact that insurance companies suck in general) and it's really annoying. I never had any problems with my MRI and everything before the surgery. I do have a different insurance company now than I did then, so maybe that's the problem. The surgery and everything was when I had my old insurance, so maybe it seems weird to the new insurance that I need a post-surgery CT Scan. Who knows. But I REALLY hope they figure it out this week - they rescheduled me for this Saturday morning instead!

In the meantime, my ankle continues to swell and be painful - especially when walking. I really can't walk without shoes on right now, which is a fairly new development. My tennis shoes and Dansko's are my savior! It's really hard to walk in sandals without pain right now. But it's still so hot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment