Sunday, March 4, 2012

Belated Week in Review

My first week of work was pretty great! I love my new job. And my ankle is holding up pretty well!

Monday I was in orientation all day, so no problems! And Snickers and I took a long walk.
Tuesday I was in orientation in the morning and then did a lot of reading in the afternoon. I was totally standing at my desk stretching my calves and bending my toes back (because my feet were covered by the desk) when this lady walked by and gave me a weird look. Whatever lady! :) And Snickers and I took a medium walk.
Wednesday I started meeting clients at our assisted living facility. I did a bit of walk in and out of rooms, etc. But did get some down time to sit and rest. It was rainy, so no walk.
Thursday I was back at the assisted living for a clinical meeting and then getting clients to the psychiatrist. I did some standing around and walking, but still not a bad day. Then I went directly to the high school winter sports awards banquet. Since it was a long day my foot was pretty tired at the end.
Friday I went to our nursing home for the first time to meet clients there. I ended up walking around on the floors, in and out of rooms, and then standing while meeting with clients all day. By 2:00 my ankle had had it. I could feel my shoe feeling smaller and smaller. I got a chair for a client we met with, while standing, for about an hour. I just could not stand any longer! I actually think I'm fine with the walking and moving around, but standing for a long period in one spot was what got me. I then ended up driving an hour and 45 minutes to get home. My foot/ankle was NOT HAPPY. I put on my pj's and got it up to rest!

I planned to rest the rest of the weekend, but it was still pretty busy. I did get in some resting, just not as much as I think it needed. I did wear my tennis shoes anytime I had to wear shoes this weekend. As awesome as my nice ortho shoes are, they are no where near as wonderful as tennis shoes with ortho inserts! (Yes, I am actually an 80 year old grandmother.)

I was also pretty tired this week. I am starting to adjust to the schedule more, and now that I go to my office first thing in the morning, I have a really short commute. That's awesome! I didn't sleep all that well a couple of nights, so that didn't help.

Overall I think it was a pretty good week. I took lots of Advil to make it through, but it wasn't too bad with the pain. I'm hoping to get more sleep, get on a good, consistent schedule of going to bed earlier and getting up earlier, and rest and ice my ankle more at night to get ready for the next day.

I think I'm going to like it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment