Friday, March 9, 2012

Uh-Oh

I realized this week that I haven't been very good about keeping up with my exercises since being discharged from PT. It's not that I've been lazy or haven't thought about it; I've been busy! Now that I'm working again, and I have a job that requires a lot of walking and standing, at the end of the day I'm tired, swollen, and sore. Maybe I need to get up earlier to get in my exercises. But if you know me you probably know (or have heard me say) there is not a morning bone in my body! Getting up for a regular day that I HAVE to get up for is hard enough!

March 21st is my 6 month follow up appointment with my surgeon. At this appointment he wants to check my progress and make sure I am clear to run. Not only do I know right now I can't run, I know he will check if I can stand on my toes (needed to be able to run). I can't stand on my toes because I haven't been working on it. :( Uh-oh!

Ok so I need some help - if you talk to me, will you ask me if I've been doing my exercises and working on standing on my toes? I promise from now until March 21st I won't get mad! I need some reminders and some encouragement loves!!

Also, I'm very excited that my love Betsy and I have a plan to join the gym and go swimming! I'm ready to get started on getting back in shape (slowly of course) AND being at the pool to really work on standing on my toes and then running.

I don't have much time left until the appointment, but sometimes progress comes more quickly than I think it will. Let's hope that happens this time! I'm running out of time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment