Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Birkenstocks (and other really expensive but awesome shoes)

With the warm weather I usually break out my 2 for $5 Old Navy flip flops. No more! said my doctor and my new ankle! If you haven't heard me say it before: flip flops are SO BAD for your feet. YES YOURS!! They are terrible for everyone and should be thrown out if you have them. Really, they should not be allowed to make these, they are so bad for you. *steps off soapbox* Anyways, I was glad I had gone through and thrown away all* of my terrible-for-you-flip-flops months ago, because I'm not sure I would have had the strength to resist them now!

For my birthday my sister took me for a manicure and FIRST PEDICURE SINCE SURGERY!! (The lady at my favorite nail place was like, "you no come for a while! toes are bad!" Umm thanks, I knew that...) I had picked out a dress to wear for my birthday, and have lots of cute Spring skirts, but no shoes to wear with them. Luckily my mom and I went shopping Sunday and found me some Birkenstocks! I was ready to go! These shoes are so comfy and awesome. Yes, they are expensive. But I have resigned myself to the fact that I am going to have fewer really good for my feet/ankles pairs of shoes now, instead of lots of bad for me shoes. And I love that the "good" shoe brands are making cute shoes, so I don't feel like a clog lady wearing my Danskos all the time.

If you or your feet/ankles are wondering, here are some brands that are really good for you and supportive of your tootsies!:

**Danskos
     (I have these in black clogs. They are freaking awesome for being on my feet all day at work!)
**Naots
     (somehow a bit more expensive than the other expensive shoes, but I have a black pair of these that make me feel like I am walking on clouds. Also they make really cute shoes)
**Birkenstocks
     (please see my awesome and cloud-like comfortable sandals below)

I'm in love! I think I need them in every color!!
 These shoes come in European sizes, so you have to try them on probably to figure that out first. I'm telling you, if I can't wear my New Balance tennis shoes with Ortho inserts, these other shoes will be just fine. My ankle appreciates the care I take in selecting its shoes! :)

Here's an awesome website to find them on! This is the store I got mine at. It's a store of really good for your feet brands!

http://www.nextstepcomfortfootwear.com/Birkenstock_Gizeh_Silver_Birko_Flor_p/4385.htm


*Confession: I kept one pair of ON flip flops - my 4th of July flag ones, because they are awesome and necessary. Clearly I have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment