Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Really ankle? REALLY??

My ankle is not doing well this week. This is partially my fault for not stretching as much as I should lately. But the rest of this week's problems are a mystery to me. Suddenly my ankle is looking swollen and lumpy. YES! Lumpy. What's up with that? I really couldn't tell you, especially since I started taking the NSAID my doctor prescribed at my appointment last week. I give up!

The good news is I swam with Miss Betsy on Monday and we actually did a lot of swimming (for us right now)! We've been swimming about twice a week. It HURTS though! My ankle doesn't usually hurt while swimming unless I really over do it. But swimming itself when I'm this out of shape hurts my body. And my heart. I just want to be in shape and go back to "normal"!! Ok, that's enough complaining. I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking with it and powering through. Tomorrow we're trying Aqua Zumba! Laugh if you want, but it looks like fun! I'd love to do real Zumba again because it is amazing, but I can't right now. So Aqua Zumba will have to do.

In other good news, I found my scar gel today!! I have searched for it since the weekend to no avail. Finally today I found it under my backrest in my room. I think Snickers put it there. I also use cocoa butter and vitamin E lotion on my scars, but this scar gel from Whole Foods (because I'm so crunchy granola like that) is actually amazing. I'm so glad to have it back finally!!

1 comment:

  1. My heart broke a little when I read "I give up!" eve though I know you're not really giving up. This new development sounds confusing and frustrating, so I want you to know that every time I read your blog I am so proud of you and the strength you've shown through this whole process. You're a rockstar. And tomorrow you'll be an Aqua Zumba rockstar!

    ReplyDelete