Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I did it!

I did it! I wore two of the same shoes for the first time in months, and a real shoe on my right foot for the first time since March!

I definitely could not have done it for more than 15 minutes. Not only is my right foot swollen, it has like no muscles! It felt so weird to wear a shoe! There's clearly A LOT more work to do. I was able to walk almost normally, without too much of a limp, but I had to walk very slowly. And at least now I can tell Dave he was right - a real shoe will fit on my foot. (He keeps laughing at me because, as he says, I act like I have an elephant foot for my right foot).

Who ever thought I'd have to build up to wearing real shoes? It's such a weird thing to do! For now I'm back in the boot. I'm refusing to wear the brace.

I'm wearing 2 of the same shoe!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment