Thursday, December 22, 2011

PT Progress

Dave and Brenda (at PT) were very excited to hear that I wore my shoe for 15 minutes yesterday. So today I got to do some new things at PT while wearing my shoe! I rode the bike for 10 minutes, did the balance board and balancing on a foam thing, worked on my walking (still having a lot of trouble walking properly) and resistance bands before doing EStim and ice. It was very exciting to progress to some new things! I still cannot stand on my toes at all! I am slowly working on that. It's so hard because all of the muscles and tendons in my foot and leg that you use to stand on your toes are really weak.

We've decided that instead of wearing the brace I will start to wear my tennis shoe. I'm starting with an hour today and I'll try to do two hours tomorrow, etc. It's very exciting to wear a shoe finally! Although it does hit the top of the incisions on each side of my foot/ankle, so I'm hoping those are less sensitive soon.

Stupid brace.

No comments:

Post a Comment