Sunday, December 25, 2011

My Christmas Mistake

My sister got a Kinnect for XBox 360 for Christmas. You can see where this is going, right?...

She got a Dance Central 2 game. I have always wanted to play that game! It looks so awesome on commercials. So when she asked me to join, I put on my boot and figured I'd just move my arms. Of course, I couldn't really do that, I have to get into the game. I am also super competitive (and I will say I did win all but one of the dances).

More than anything my dancing hurt my knee. Since I can't really move my ankle in my boot, the pressure ended up being more on my knee. Now I'm not feeling too good. My plan is to elevate my leg tonight and do some ankle pumps to get the fluid out, and then really rest tomorrow. And no more dancing. :(

I will say my parents warned me as I was going to do it. But I wanted to dance!! It's just one of those things that is SUPER frustrating. I want to be able to do normal things again! I want to play games and go to the gym. I feel ready to do normal things now, the rest of my body feels better after surgery, it's just my ankle of course hasn't healed all the way yet. Why can't you have surgery and then go right back to normal?

Other than this horrible lapse in judgement, my Christmas was pretty good! It is the first one without my Gramps though, which has been hard. It's little things like cards and presents signed, "Mimi," instead of, "Mimi and Gramps." And missing his (recently) quiet presence and general silliness. I know he's happy where he is, and can look out for all of us now. I hope he helps me keep from dancing in the future, until my ankle heals!

Gramps and I trying to take a self pic last Christmas 2010


Gramps and I last Christmas 2010

Gramps' temporary marker and Christmas wreath at his gravesite.

No comments:

Post a Comment