Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Setback: Update

I went back to PT today. My foot is a lot better! I could do more stretching and use resistance bands for strength again! It's pretty stiff after being in the boot for so long though. They say it will still be a while until things can progress - basically I need to be able to walk more and walk normally before anything else can happen.

I really do think the brace the doctor gave me is the problem. So Dave (PT) wants me to - get this - TRY TO WEAR A REAL SHOE! I haven't worn a real shoe on my right foot since I injured it back in March 2011. It's been more than 9 months! I can only wear a really good shoe (my good tennis shoes with ortho insert) and only for 10-15 minutes around the house - NOT out. I am not convinced my foot will fit into a shoe (part of the reason I haven't worn one in over 9 months) but Dave is sure that it will. So I'm going to try this tomorrow, let's see how it goes! I hope it works because my right leg looks crazy - my foot and ankle is swollen and my calf is so skinny from muscle atrophy! It looks so ridiculous next to my other leg!

No comments:

Post a Comment