Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ankles Are Sad When They Can't Walk on Sand

Last weekend was super busy! I got to see one of my grad school loves, and Cashmere Mafia sister, get married to the love of her life and go to the beach to do it! (Thanks Jen!) And then I went on up to Boston to co-host a bridal shower for my love Shannon! All while traveling with some BFF's. What could be better?

My ankle held up pretty well. I even drove the whole way. That's right - up to Baltimore, Baltimore to Spring Lake, NJ. Then Jersey Shore to north of Boston. And then Boston back to B'more, Silver Spring, and NoVA. YES! That happened in one 4 day weekend. It was amazing. (We jammed out to 90's music a good part of the way, particularly the NJ to Boston at 7:30pm to midnight Saturday night portion!)

The celebrations were beautiful. We could not have asked for more perfect weather. And my girls looked AMAZING. Who is more beautiful than a bride in love? A bride in love who happens to be one of my gorgeous friends, that's who. I wore my Birkenstocks (since I still couldn't wear shoes with backs) and kept my ankle wrapped up well. And sadly I couldn't dance at the wedding. (Ok - I did do the Cupid Shuffle very carefully. I can't hear it and not dance. It's not possible). I wouldn't have missed it for the world!

The only sad part was - I couldn't walk on the beach! My incision is still open and even though it was wrapped up pretty well, I was just picturing a not fun time trying to get sand out of my heel... I LOVE the beach. LOVE IT. But it was not worth testing this out and missing an event or being in (extra) pain for this special weekend. So sadly, I stayed on the boardwalk. But hey - I went to the beach in October, I can't be too mad about that.

After surgery, ankles are sad when they can't walk on sand at the beach.

Boom - married! Beautiful bride and groom!
Beautiful bride-to-be!
And that's a cake she's standing next to. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment