Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hot (Spiked) Apple Cider

For my sister's recent housewarming party I made most of the food and drinks. Let's be honest, this is my thing, so I'm in charge of the entertaining around here! We had a Fall theme and wanted to share a few of the recipes (all from Pinterest of course!).

Our Fall drink was Hot Apple Cider - spiked or not!

Hot Spiked Apple Cider

1 gallon fresh apple cider
1-2 sliced apples (Granny Smith recommended)
dash of apple pie spice
1 bottle Southern Comfort
whipped cream (we didn't use this)

Pour cider into a pot and place on medium heat. Slice apples into small pieces and cook in the cider. Add apple pie spice to taste. Cook cider until it reaches coffee-like temperature. Serve hot in mug and add Southern Comfort to tolerance! Top off each cup with extra creamy whipped cream (if desired). Feel the warmth.


Optional: Your own super festive Halloween/Fall mug to serve your Hot Spiked Apple Cider in!

We added about a shot of SoCo per mug of cider. And as I said, we did not use whipped cream because I don't like it (yep, that's why no one else gets it as an option!). I also only used apples as garnish. I bought apple pie spice for this occasion, but I think other Fall spices would have substituted nicely if you don't have it. I (not-so-secretly-anymore) dislike pie, all types of it. Bleh! So I never make pies and don't have apple pie spice, but decided to purchase it in the hopes of making an apple pie in the future for someone else I guess. Any takers? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yummm. So are we gonna see some photos from the party? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly we didn't take too many pictures! It was kind of low key for everyone (including Mimi) to come see the house. The ones I did take I put on fb in my Fall album. Apparently the most exciting thing to happen was that she got a Keurig!

      Delete