Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Candy Corn Cookie Crunch

Halloween is just a week away! Here's yet another Pinterest win from Kelly's Fall themed housewarming party! I decided to go ahead and fast forward to one of the best parts of Fall, Halloween, for this one. But be warned, it is very sweet! Happy Halloween!

Candy Corn Cookie Crunch

1 lb. almond bark candy coating or white chocolate (I used meltable milk chocolate)
14 Oreos, broken into pieces (I used Halloween ones with orange filling)
1 1/2 cups pretzels broken (I used honey twist ones because that's what I had)
1 cup candy corn
1/2 cup peanuts
1/4 cup Reese's Pieces
1/2 cup Peanut M&M's (Fall colors)
Halloween sprinkles

Cover a cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil. Spread the broken pretzels, broken cookies, peanuts, and about 3/4 of the candy corn on the prepared cookie sheet. Melt the white chocolate or candy coating until smooth, according to package directions.

Drizzle the melted chocolate over the pretzel mixture, spreading with a spatula if needed. Before it sets, sprinkle on the remaining candy corn, M&M's, Reese's Pieces, and sprinkles. Place tray in the refrigerator until set. Break into pieces and enjoy!


Before we broke it up. Looks sinful!
I recommend having something to mash things with before starting. I did not realize that my sister, who in all fairness just moved into a new house (which she owns!!) and is not as domesticated as me, has very few kitchen tools. Mashing things up without tools was difficult and messy (I put items in a Ziploc bag and mashed by hand).

As with many Erin creations, I used a little more of some things until it looked right to me. So feel free to modify the amounts to your desire. Also, it was hard to break apart at the end, but it also got melty if out of the fridge for too long. In the end, Amanda and I ended up using a knife to break it apart the best we could, and then put the pieces back in the fridge for a bit, and this seemed to work. Good luck and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment