Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pumpkin Dip

Another recipe hit from Kelly's housewarming party. An easy, Fall delight: Pumpkin Dip! Another Pinterest win!

Pumpkin Dip

1  15 oz. can of pumpkin
1  5 oz. box of instant vanilla pudding (just the powder, don't make the pudding)
1  16 oz. container of cool whip (low fat is ok)
1/2 Tbl. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 Tbl. Cinnamon
1  small pumpkin (to hold dip if desired)

1. Mix pumpkin, pudding mix, cool whip, and pumpkin pie spice together (by hand) in a very large bowl.
2. Chill for several hours before serving. Meanwhile, carve your pumpkin!
3. Sprinkle with cinnamon, and serve with fresh apple slices, vanilla wafers, or ginger snaps.


Pumpkin dip is so easy and so delicious!The original blogger put her dip in a carved out pumpkin. I couldn't help but love this ceramic pumpkin dish instead!
 Although not shown in my picture, I loved this the most with red apple slices! Others loved it with the ginger snaps or Nilla Wafers. It is delicious and so, so easy!

As my caption and picture point out, I did not carve out my own pumpkin to put the dip in. As nice as the presentation looked from the picture on Pinterest, I was pressed for time that day. I'm not an experienced pumpkin carver myself (although it doesn't look too hard!), and since I don't have a husband to do this dirty work for me as the original poster did, I opted for my lovely glass pumpkin bowl. Don't feel bad about yourself or your pumpkin dip if you put it in a dish instead of a pumpkin. I'm here to tell you that is wonderful and so are you!

No comments:

Post a Comment