Sunday, October 14, 2012

Wearing Shoes With Backs = Progress!

The past few weeks have been extremely busy for me! So busy in fact, that I thought I had a 5pm PT appointment this week, but got a message from them around 3:30pm that day asking if I was ok. Apparently I had the wrong appointment time and they were worried because I never miss appointments. Brain on overload!! But I have added a week of PT (hopefully - Dave's schedule is really packed) to try to get enough in.

At PT I have been progressing slightly. I have gone from just stretching to also adding in some strengthening exercises. On Friday I added weight-bearing strengths exercise, which is a big step. My foot is swollen and my leg/ankle are tight still, but definitely less pain than before. So we will see as time goes on what happens. It has only been 6 weeks since surgery. I am working on icing at least at night before I go to bed. Again my memory seems to be the problem here...

I go back to Dr. Buchanan on Tuesday morning. I'm sure they'll take another x-ray to see if my Swiss cheese bone is healing. I hope so!

The biggest news is that on Friday I wore a real shoe with a back for the first time since this surgery!! I wore a tennis shoe all day Friday! And I have since worn it a little over the weekend. Victory! Dave says this is also good because it will help reduce swelling throughout the day. If this cold spell continues I'm thinking of wearing my Uggs with my ortho inserts in them, because I'm that cool. And guess what? Only myself and anyone who reads this blog will know my secret. Aren't you special?

No comments:

Post a Comment