Saturday, February 11, 2012

Chocolatey Oatmeal Cookies! (aka Neiman Marcus Cookies)

These might be my favorite cookies ever. I LOVE a good oatmeal chocolate chip cookie! I made these for my regional swimmers - and it makes A LOT of cookies! My kids loved them. (At least they told me they did!) The cookies are very chocolatey because of the grated Hershey bars in them, which for me is perfect. And as usual, I don't put nuts in mine. The choice is up to you!

This recipe was one of those things that was passed around in chain emails years ago. The story is that someone wanted the recipe from Neiman Marcus and was told it was "two fifty." Supposedly when they got their credit card bill it was $250 instead of $2.50, as they had thought it was, so they decided to spread the recipe to everyone with an email address. Whether that's true or not, these are great cookies!

Neiman-Marcus Cookies (recipe may be halved)

2 cups butter
24 oz. chocolate chips
4 cups flour
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
1 8 oz. Hershey bar (grated)
5 cups blended oatmeal
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice) - optional

Measure oatmeal, and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add chocolate chips, grated Hershey bar, and nuts (if desired).
Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
Makes 112 cookies.

Yummy!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God, I remember that email! Hah. Now I want to make these cookies... I will probably leave the oatmeal whole because I am living sans blender at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete