Wednesday, February 22, 2012

PT Update

After the top of my foot continued to hurt last week, Brenda was worried that I had stress fractured my foot. Awesome. Even doing the ultrasounds was painful for it, and it should not have been. Over the weekend - both Friday and Saturday, I had States with my swimmers. (Side note: We did REALLY well! Our girls came in 4th overall and won the 200 medley relay, while breaking the state record!!) for my foot, this meant standing on a concrete pool deck for about 7-8 hours each day. It was so crowded and even though I was told I could have a chair (even though they weren't allowed) I never received one. Boo. But I made it through!! I was very swollen and tired at the end and was limping, but honestly after those two days on a hot crowded pool deck, who wouldn't feel that way?

I spent the rest of the long weekend walking as little as possible. I caught up on tv shows while keeping my ankle elevated above my heart. I even got out my AMAZING air cast ice machine (which I will write another post about, because it is amazing and worth investing in if you're having surgery or something like that). It ices and compresses at the same time. Seriously awesome!

By the time I went back to PT Tuesday morning my ankle was a lot less swollen and the top of it barely hurt. When Brenda looked at it she saw and felt much less swelling! A miracle occurred?? Maybe... :) We still did ultrasound but I was able to return to all of my more advanced activities and finished with EStim and ice.

Thursday is my last day at PT with Brenda and Dave! I'm going to miss them! But it's time to get back to real life and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment