Saturday, February 11, 2012

Newest Setback

I've been pretty busy lately! It's a good thing, but my foot is not happy about it.

Last Friday was Districts for my swimmers. Both the girls and boys teams won!! The boys were supposed to place 2nd (of 6 teams) by 40 points, but they WON by ONE point!! It was very exciting and they were beside themselves! For me, this meant standing and walking on a pool deck for about 6 hours. Then Saturday and Sunday I had a training for a sexual assault hotline in DC all day. I had to do some walking in the city and was sitting in a desk all day both days, which meant not getting my foot up. My sister and I also went shopping Saturday night, which meant walking. Then Monday and Tuesday I substitute taught for my sister's 2nd graders. Not only were they a handful, this meant standing most of the day.

At the end of five days in a row like this, I was in a lot of pain. The weirdest thing was where the pain was - the top of my foot. It hurt to drive, etc. It has never been painful here before. I went to PT Wednesday and Friday and saw Kim, instead of my normal PT's. Kim is still awesome. But she didn't let me do any of my normal PT activities since my pain was so bad. She looked at it and said it was ok, but it still hurts. She massaged it and then I had ice and EStim. It felt a little better.

Last night we had Regionals. It didn't go quite as well as Districts, or as well as we hoped - both teams got 5th place. But this meant standing for about 9 hours this time. I sat as much as I could. But ouch!! I think I will rest the rest of this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment