Thursday, February 2, 2012

More PT Progress!!

I've had less pain this week! My foot still gets very stiff at times, especially after standing for a long time. And it's still painful. Just less so now. Yay!

So with less pain and a little more strength in my right ankle/leg (yay!) I've added a few more exercises at PT! Now not only can I stand on my right leg only, I can also stand on it on an uneven surface (foam), stand on it and bend in half and touch the ground, and walk backwards on the treadmill at an incline. Oh yes, I'm getting fancy!

It feels good to progress and it's very exciting. I think my right calf is even getting some muscle and shape back to it! It's been so sad and skinny looking since getting my cast off! I still have a long way to go though. And I think the hardest part for me will be slowly easing back into things. I'm not very patient with myself and get frustrated easily. I guess now is the time to work on that.

Oh, and I haven't worn my boot in weeks! Even while at the pool I only wear tennis shoes now! And I even wore dress shoes for an interview (and walked really slowly!).

No comments:

Post a Comment