Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Progress with a Setback?

After resting all weekend, my ankle was feeling a bit better yesterday. I've noticed lately that I am walking better and even a little faster. While I've been walking for a bit now, Snickers is not the best to walk with because she likes to walk very quickly! So I haven't been able to walk her since I had surgery in September. She does still get some walks, but we have noticed her looking a little more fluffy than normal. So I decided to try to walk her - AND I DID IT!! We took a very short walk down the block and back, but I did it and Snickers was very appreciative! So on days when my foot is feeling pretty good I'm going to try to walk her.

Also last night I swam after coaching high school practice. I was able to swim a bit more and was even able to kick! And I mean not just kicking while also pulling, but doing about a 200 of just kicking! It's still so hard. I am very out of shape because not only have I not swam in quite some time, I haven't been allowed to do a good work out of any kind in almost a year now. Yes, ONE WHOLE YEAR. It feels really good to be able to work out slowly again and I was very excited that I swam a little more last night. My muscles feel a little sore today, and I am beyond happy to have that feeling again! Weird? I know.

However, this morning I was pretty sore and in some pain. I did do some exercises in PT and even walked "downhill" on the treadmill for 8 minutes. They did ultrasound to the top of my foot, as well as EStim with ice. Surprisingly, Brenda wanted me to swim again tonight since I might not be able to tomorrow. She especially wants me to walk in the water. I need a water-walking-buddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment