Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Internal Debate

I need help with my internal debate. I cannot decide how much to push myself. For so long I haven't been allowed to do much of anything. Now that I can do things slowly I feel like I'm walking this fine line between pushing myself more and not getting hurt from pushing too much. PT hasn't been particularly helpful in helping me decide this either.

So tonight I took my suit to the pool to swim after coaching. But the kids were crazy and I had such a long day and was so tired, and I pushed really hard this morning at PT... So I didn't swim. I probably should have, but it was so easy to say I couldn't do it.

I think I'm going to need some help and encouragement with this!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it!

    Swimming may be a better option for you? It's great cardio and great for building muscle without the pain.

    Then again, PT's are trained knowing what to do in situations like yours. Maybe you can ask for a different one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're making progress! Based on my (and my cousin's) research on running injuries, swimming's the best cardio workout in terms of impact on the joints. I've heard about pool tracks as well, and how they're very beneficial. Is that an option?

    ReplyDelete