Sunday, February 12, 2012

Things I Miss

I started a list of things I miss about a month ago, but never published it. Some of these things are already a little better!

After having my ankle reconstructed, there are a ton of things that I miss (like for a while I couldn't even walk... now it's more like running and swimming). I never expected some of the things I would miss though!

Running/walking quickly. When it's raining, or say 30 degrees outside, do you ever run quickly from your car to the building you're going to? I used to. I really miss running, or at least quickly walking, places, especially when it's rainy or cold out. I want to get inside quickly!

Flip-flops. I lived my life in flip-flops! But did you know that Old Navy's 2 for $5 flip-flops are terrible for your feet? Ok, I did too, but I ignored it. Now that I've had my foot reconstructed I have to ALWAYS wear supportive shoes, and there are barely any flip-flops that are acceptable. I've thrown away all my Old Navy flip-flops. Oh well. I think my feet and back will actually thank me in the end.

High heels, cute flats, etc. See "flip-flops" above. But unlike flip-flops, I will be able to wear heels eventually. Cristina (PT) just said I will hate life when I do wear them. Great. In the end, is it even going to be worth it to look cute for an evening? Oh the things we do in the name of beauty!

Dancing. I'm a weirdo and I dance everywhere. I can't do this right now. If I forget and I start dancing, my foot reminds me very quickly that it doesn't dance right now. I have done the xbox dancing, but with my boot on, and only on low level dances where you don't move your feet too much! Not sure I can really do that. Maybe in March/April.

Working out. I feel like such a sad, lazy sack when I can't workout! I miss boxing!! I'm now clear to swim (starting slowly), walk in the water, and stationary bike and possibly (real) bike on flat areas (of course it's freezing here now that I can do it!).

I'm glad to finally be able to wear two shoes more because trying to get in and out of the car but on my boot first, etc. is really annoying and time consuming! I'm not really patient with myself, so in general I'd like to be able to move at a faster speed

No comments:

Post a Comment